You’ve probably heard it said before that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That’s because your body has basically been fasting for probably around 8 hours or more. But if you’re new to a plant-based diet, you may be wondering about vegan breakfast ideas.
It’s important to be fueling your body with the proper nutrients in order to have energy, focus and concentration. Some studies even show that eating breakfast can help regulate body weight.
The problem is that for some of us, it can be hard to find time or the appetite for breakfast.
When I’m pressed for time, breakfast is pretty much the last thing on my mind.
That’s why it’s just as important to plan your morning meal as it is to plan for any other meal.
Here are a few quick and easy and healthy vegan breakfast ideas so you can make sure to get your most important meal of the day.
Healthy Vegan Breakfast Ideas:
- Apple slices + almond butter
- Banana + a small handful of pecans
- Green smoothie. (easy to bring with you on the way to work and you get 3-4 servings of fruits and vegetables before lunchtime!)
- Avoid morning meal prep with overnight oats (prepare in a mason jar for easy transport)
- Spread some peanut butter or almond butter on a piece of toast and top with banana slices and chia or flax seeds
- Plant-based yogurt sprinkled with granola or flax seeds
- Toasted bagel + hummus (optional toppings: cucumber and tomato slices)
- Avocado Toast
Have a little more time to prepare breakfast or brunch? Try these recipes that are sure to satisfy morning tummy rumblings:
Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter to receive new recipes and ideas!
Save this pin!