Brussel sprouts have been a favorite in our household for a while now. There may have been a time in the past when my husband would have turned his nose up at the thought of these veggies on the table. But once I perfected the art roasting them to caramelized perfection, they became part of the recipe rotation.
Last weekend I marinated some tempeh to make some tempeh bacon and I had a little left over so I decided to added them to some roasted brussel sprouts!
I usually like to add onions when roasting veggies since they add a lot of flavor, so I tossed some in with this recipe, too. The trick to making this super delectable is to plan ahead. Start marinating the tempeh bacon at least the day before you make this dish. That will ensure that the bacon-y flavor is really strong.
- 4 cups brussel sprouts
- 4 ounces prepared tempeh bacon
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the brussel sprouts by removing outer-most leaves and trimming off bottom of the core and any browned areas. Add to a large bowl.
- Chop the tempeh bacon into chunks and dice the onion. Add to brussel sprouts.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss until the sprouts are coated evenly with oil.
- Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until sprouts are caramelized on the edges. Stir occasionally.