Roasted Red Bell Pepper Rice Pilaf
Paired with some veggies like roasted asparagus and a baked sweet potato, this rice pilaf makes a well rounded vegetarian meal.
Write a review
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Quarter the red bell pepper and remove the stem and seeds. Toss in olive oil and roast on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the peppers are roasting, chop the onion and saute in a skillet with the olive oil until they are translucent and a little golden on the edges. Add the rice to the pan and cook for another minute or two. Add the vegetable broth, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring the broth to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Once the bell peppers are finished roasting, remove them from the oven and dice them. Add the peppers into the rice mixture and let the rice finish cooking, for about 30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- When the rice is almost done cooking, add the peas since they only really need a few minutes to steam.
- Sprinkle with some pine nuts right before serving.
- Save time by using jarred roasted red bell peppers.
Vegan Yoga Life https://veganyogalife.com/