I’m married to the cookie monster. Yes, you read that correctly. He’s obsessed with chocolate chip cookies! One night, I was going to make a batch but realized I was out of chocolate chips – gasp! So I tried to think of another kind of cookie to make and decided on peanut butter. The cookies turned out so good that I decided to make them again and this time also add chocolate chips. Introducing…Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
That is how the idea for these vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies was born. And wow, what a great idea it was! Two of my favorite things combined, peanut butter and chocolate! A friend of mine tried one yesterday and was very impressed, saying she never would have known they were vegan – just more proof that you don’t need eggs and and dairy butter to make great cookies.
It’s easy to find Earth Balance in grocery stores these days. If you can’t find it, perhaps checking a health food store or Whole Foods. Vegan chocolate chips are also fairly easy to find and might not be labeled as vegan. Check the ingredients list for milkfat or other dairy products.
I recommend using organic sugar, because that will ensure that it has not been processed with bone char. There are also a variety of sugars on the market these days that are vegan such as coconut sugar and maple sugar.
These cookies were a success all around and of course, my cookie monster – I mean husband – loved them!
Pin this recipe for later!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, sugars and almond milk in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in another bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 2-inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 14-15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes - if you can wait that long!
- Serve with cold plant-based milk of your choice (soy, coconut, almond, rice, oat - there are many delicious options!)